Among the business insurance coverage you should have to give you the best protection in CT, MA, and NJ, workers compensation ranks very high on the list. Whether your state requires it or not, it is a great investment. There are a lot of important elements that allow your business to run smoothly and successful and your employees are definitely one of them. It can protect your employees if they were to suffer from an injury or disease.
Worker’s comp policies can provide coverage for:
- Medical expenses – This covers all medical care that is reasonably required to cure or relieve effects of injury to injured workers, without a deductible or co-pay.
- Death benefits – In the case of a compensate-able work-related death, the decedent’s spouse, dependent children, or both spouse and children may be entitled to dependency benefits.
- Rehabilitation costs – Expenses for rehabilitation are covered by this policy. In the event that the insured is unable to return to work in his or her position, Vocational Rehabilitation is also covered.
- Vocational Rehabilitation – This assistance may be entitled to workers who cannot return to their job due to injury and who are permanently disabled. Although it varies by jurisdiction, coverage ranges from assistance with drafting a resume to full payment of time loss while the insured receives two years of training. A set maximum amount is applied toward schooling costs.
- Lost Income/Wages – Should the insured be prevented from working due to injuries, a Workers Compensation policy would cover temporary payments. Most policies provide payment for two-thirds of the worker’s gross wages, up to a pre-determined limit. Payments are generally made bi-weekly, and are not taxable. Language includes “temporary total disability,” “lost wages,” and “workers’ comp payments”.
- And more of your small business needs!
Knowing the rules and requirements when it comes to your coverage for your business is crucial in the event that situations like lawsuits and injuries should arise. The right workers compensation policy in Massachusetts, Connecticut or New Jersey can end up saving you a lot of money should you find yourself in one of these situations. As a business owner, you are required to offer this coverage to your employees and not doing so could result in fines for your business.
It can be confusing figuring out just how much coverage you need to have, but our agents are here to help. You might also be interested in general liability insurance which can protect your business with a wide variety of coverage. Ask our agents if this protection is right for you! Our agents can also help you save money. Ask about the Go Paperless discount for your business to save even more.
Call one of our agents at 888.754.8299 or fill out our quote form online to get coverage for your business.
Check out our customer testimonials to see what our clients are saying!