Whether you’re shopping for a home insurance policy for a new home or just a more competitive rate in Massachusetts, Connecticut, or New Jersey, the agents at Encharter Insurance can help. We work with over thirty different carriers to find you the best coverage. While most states do not require a policy, those who have a mortgage will be required to obtain one.
Coverage for home insurance typically includes:
- The structure of your home, including any attached decks, porches, breezeways, garages, carports, etc. and detached structures, such as sheds, gazebos, detached garages, pool houses, etc., are also covered under a separate limit (usually 10% of the limit for your home).
- Replacement costs – A standard policy covers your home and belongings for their actual cash value at the time of the loss. This would take into account depreciation. You can upgrade the coverage on your home and personal property to be covered for replacement cost, the amount it would cost to replace the item with a new one of the same like, kind and quality.
- Personal possessions, up to a set limit, covers all personal items including all furniture, electronics, clothing, etc. For instance, if you needed extra coverage on your Fine Arts Collection.
- Living expenses in case of a disaster – This pays the additional costs of living away from home due to damage from a fire, storm, flood, or other insured disaster. It covers hotel bills, restaurant meals and other expenses, over and above your customary living expenses, incurred while your home is being rebuilt.
- Liability covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members cause to other people. It pays for both the cost of defending you in court and any court awards—up to the limit of your policy. If you want to add extra coverage in case of excessive liability, look into purchasing Umbrella Insurance.
In addition to the above, many homeowners consider the following added-value coverage as well:
- Guaranteed Building Replacement Coverage – If your home is destroyed by a covered peril, the company will pay to repair or rebuild your home as it was before the loss using materials of like kind and quality even if the cost exceeds your building coverage limit. With this coverage, replacement of your home is GUARANTEED, period.
- Personal Property Replacement Cost
- Ordinance or Law Coverage – Up to the coverage limit for covered losses, the company will pay increased costs associated with the construction, repair or demolition of the covered property in order to comply with any ordinance or law.
- Personal Injury Protection – Personal injury costs including lawsuits involving invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction or wrongful entry.
- Identity Fraud Expense Coverage – Providing reimbursement for legal fees, document duplication, mailing costs and more.
- Water Back-up and Sump Pump Overflow – Covering property losses and clean up from water backing up through sewers or drains or sump overflow.
- Watercraft Coverage
- Food Spoilage – Covers spoilage of food in a refrigerator or freezer on the residence premises due to electrical disruption, up to the indicated limit.
- Lock Replacement – If the key to an exterior door is stolen, the company will pay, up to the indicated limit, for it to be replaced.
All coverages are subject to a deductible, which is the amount of loss paid by the policyholder.
If you want to update or add additional coverage to your home insurance policy, call one of our knowledgeable agents today. Find out about the discounts available to you and learn more about the other types of insurance that Encharter offers, such as auto and business insurance.
For more information or to obtain a home insurance quote in MA, CT, or NJ, please call 888.754.8299 or fill out our online quote form.
Check out our customer testimonials to see what our clients are saying!