Whether you are renting for an interim period or just signed a full year’s agreement, you should be thinking about insurance coverage. Having a Massachusetts Renters Insurance policy can give you the protection you need for your belongings. If your personal possessions were to be damaged (by a covered loss), chances are your landlord won’t be paying to replace those items. Many people think they don’t have a lot of things in their apartment or don’t have a lot of valuable items so insurance isn’t worth it. This is not the case. Call an agent about a quote and you may be surprised at just how affordable a policy in MA is for you.
Specific examples of damage that your basic renter’s insurance policy may cover:
- Water leakage
- Fire and smoke
- Pipe freezing
- And more…
In addition to the great basic coverage having a renter’s insurance policy can offer you, it could also help in the event that someone was injured in your apartment. Encharter Insurance agents typically recommend the following limits for a policy:
- Medical payments
- Replacement cost
As is the case with your homeowners insurance or condo insurance policy, you may also want to talk to an agent about adding supplemental or specialty insurance policies to your renters insurance. There are a lot of options for coverage in MA when it comes to you and your belongings. Our agents can help design, not just a policy, but a complete insurance program to fit all of your needs.
Depending on what possessions you have in your home or what your various limits are, an agent may suggest getting a quote for the following policies:
Have you just moved to the Massachusetts area? Whether you are new to town or have lived here your whole life, check out some of these fun facts you probably didn’t know about our great state:
- FOUR presidents were born here. John Adams and John Quincy Adams were born in Braintree (what is now Quincy), John Kennedy was born in Brookline, and George Bush (senior) was born in Milton.
- Our state beverage is cranberry juice, probably thanks to the large amounts of cranberry bogs in Nantucket.
- Other than the Bay State, MA is also known as the Old Colony State.
- There are 13 National Historical sites including: Salem Maritime Historical Site, Adams Historic Site, and Minute Man Historical Park.
No matter how big or small or how long you will be living there, a renters insurance policy is a good idea for all renters. Talk with one of our agents about getting the coverage you need to protect you and your possessions. For an easy, accurate quote, before you pick up the phone, you’ll find it may be helpful to have the following information on hand:
- Details of any losses (within the last 6 years)
- The total value of all your personal belongings
- Year the apartment was built
- Any updates to heating, plumbing or electrical systems and to the roof this can be removed for a renters policy
- Source of heat
One of the best things about being an Encharter Insurance client is that our agents have the ability to shop multiple carriers to make sure you get the best rate for your renter’s insurance policy. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much coverage you can get for the small cost each month.
Encharter can also provide you with great coverage on your car or motorcycle as well. Talk to an agent to learn more about the other policies we offer – so you can get the right coverage for all of your important possessions.
Call Encharter Insurance today at 888.754.8299 to get a quote for your renters insurance in MA, or use our contact form above!