When the nice weather comes around, one of the first things that you’re thinking about is getting your boat in the water. Regardless of how you spend your day on the Connecticut water, whether it’s racing, fishing or just relaxing, it’s still important to ensure that you, your boat and your passengers are protected with a boat insurance policy. Our agents can shop our many carriers to find you the best policy for your boat and your unique needs. Sailors, commercial fishermen and power boaters have different boats and different experiences out on the water. We want to make sure that your insurance can keep up with you.
Typical boat insurance covers many types of loss such as:
- Physical damage coverage – This optional coverage is designed to protect your boat, motor and trailer. Depending on your boat’s qualities, our agents can advise the right amount of physical damage coverage for each boat on your policy.
- Medical payments coverage – Protection for eligible medical expenses should you or one of your passengers get hurt out on the water.
- Liability Coverage – You may need liability coverage should an at-fault accident occur when you’re out on the water, or even at the docks. When customizing your policy, our agents can discuss the coverage and limits that are available in order to help you choose the most comprehensive policy for your needs.
Interested in learning more? Check out these fun facts:
- To protect Long Island Sound’s water quality, the state has 57 pumpout and dump stations for boaters.
- On a nice day, you can find about 10,000 boats out on LIS. About 85,000 boaters utilized LIS each boating season.
- There are 332 miles of jagged coastline in CT, including harbors, bays and coves.
Many boaters also consider adding additional liability protection to their boat policy by purchasing an umbrella insurance policy. Should the cost of an accident or unexpected event exceed the liability limits on your boat policy, your umbrella policy would step in. Our agents can help you decide whether this policy is right for you.
Whether you’re new to boating or you’re a seasoned pro, it’s always good to review your boat insurance policy with a Connecticut insurance expert. You don’t want something to happen and find out that your insurance coverage was not enough. You can also talk to your agents about discounts for which you may be eligible. You can save money by going paperless, or by bundling your home and auto insurance policies.
Looking to insure your boat when it’s not in the water? Our agents can discuss comprehensive coverage for your boat to make sure it’s protected even when it’s in storage!
Call our agents today at 888.754.8299, or fill out our online form to get started on your CT boat insurance quote today!