Are you a morning person or are you more a “snooze button” person? Not all of us can be smiling and ready to go
at 5am, but there seem to be more and more reasons why we should be striving to be. Do you believe that your morning routine could make or break your day? With Labor Day weekend coming up that can only mean one thing: back to school. A new school year for the kids could mean a year filled with better, more productive mornings for you! Here are some things to keep in mind before you hit that snooze button:
1. Morning is the best time of the day to get things done.
2. It’s a chance to attack the day proactively
3. It affects the rest of your day’s performance
4. Exercising in the morning gives you the most benefit
5. Morning is home to the most important meal of the day
6. It can help you keep your life plan in mind
7. It can make or break your creativity
8. A healthy routine requires getting enough sleep
Do I have you inspired to start a new morning routine filled with productivity yet? Just think of all the things you could accomplish before noon! One more thing you could check off your to-do list in just a couple minutes in the morning is a free auto insurance quote online! You could be paying too much for your Massachusetts auto insurance, let us help you save money!-->
New England is known for a lot of great things, but unfortunately for those of us behind the wheel, driving doesn’t tend to be one of them. This makes having the best New Jersey auto insurance policy even more important for you, your family, and your vehicle. Just how bad are the drivers in New Jersey? A study that includes 195 of the largest major cities calculated the safest places to drive based on frequency of accidents reported and the average years between collisions. While the study may not have called out the least safe places to drive, the following 10 found themselves as far down on the list as you could go.
195. Washington, DC
194. Baltimore, MD
193. Providence, RI
192. Hialeah, FL
191. Glendale, CA.
190. Philadelphia, PA
189. Alexandria, VA
188. Newark, NJ
187. Miami, FL
186. San Fransisco, CA
Recognize any of those places? Whether you drive in any of those areas or not, it’s important to have a good car insurance policy so that you can worry a little bit less about what would happen if you got into an accident. What’s the best way to know if you are getting the best car insurance rate? Contact one of our agents who will give you a free quote or answer any questions you may have about your current policy.-->
Spending time outdoors is what summertime is all about, and what better way to have a fun summertime adventure then to take a ride on your ATV? ATV’s allow us to get away from the blistering hot sun through the shady trails in the forest while allowing us to feel the cool, refreshing wind blowing against our skin. However, our recreational toys don’t allow us to escape from the pesky plants native to the north east like poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. If you’ve ever encountered one of these plants, then you know they can leave itchy sore and uncomfortable for weeks. Check out these tips to help you minimize your risk and exposure to these painful and annoying poisonous plants.
- Know the poisonous leaves to avoid native to your area. Poisonous plants don’t always have “leaves of three” so it’s best to ask a local expert.
- Dress right. When you’re getting ready to go on a ride, make sure you’re wearing long pants and high socks to avoid accidental contact with an unwanted plant.
- To avoid secondary exposure, make sure you wash any surfaces that may have come in contact with the poisonous plant.
- Wash the affected area with water within 20 minutes of exposure.
- Itching stopping agents like Calamine lotion may help make your rash more bearable.
- Soothe your skin with Burrow’s solution or Aveeno’s oatmeal bath treatment.
- At any sign of a severe reaction such as nausea, stomach cramps, or overexposure to hyper sensitive parts of the body, see a doctor.
- The good news is the older you get, it’s likely you will become less sensitive to poisonous plants!
Now that you know how to avoid and treat unpleasant poisonous plants, you’re ready to suit up and ride. But wait! Don’t forget about your Off Road Vehicle Insurance! Nasty rashes from poison ivy aren’t all you have to worry about when you’re out enjoying the thrills of being an ATV owner. ATV owners also need to make sure they’re protected from damage to their ATV and injury or liabilities that may surprise them while riding. Talk to your local CT insurance agent today about your off-road vehicle insurance. Alright, now you’re ready to suit up, get out on the trail, and of course, have fun!-->
Everyone dreams of being a rock star, right? If your son or daughter has the music bug we have just the place for you to get them the lessons they need. Thorne’s Guitar in Amherst is the perfect place for you to take your child just in time for back to school. Guitar lessons aren’t just for the kids either, lessons are offered for kids as young as four years old right up until adults of all ages! At Thorne’s Guitar, you will get a lesson designed just for your goals, whatever that may be. Thorne will design you a program to make sure you are getting the most out of your lessons.
Are you ready to set your goals and start your lessons? Stop by the Second Floor of the Carriage Shops in Amherst or give them a call at 413-835-5842. As a licensed public school music teacher in the state of Massachusetts, a Suzuki-registered guitar instructor, and over 20 years of experience, Thorne can teach you everything from classical guitar, rock, to pop.
If you’re ready to get started on your road to being the next “greatest guitarist of all time” or maybe you just wanted to learn a couple of your favorite songs, sign up for lessons with Thorne today! Check out our blog for more featured partners!-->