Are you a morning person or are you more a “snooze button” person? Not all of us can be smiling and ready to go
at 5am, but there seem to be more and more reasons why we should be striving to be. Do you believe that your morning routine could make or break your day? With Labor Day weekend coming up that can only mean one thing: back to school. A new school year for the kids could mean a year filled with better, more productive mornings for you! Here are some things to keep in mind before you hit that snooze button:
1. Morning is the best time of the day to get things done.
2. It’s a chance to attack the day proactively
3. It affects the rest of your day’s performance
4. Exercising in the morning gives you the most benefit
5. Morning is home to the most important meal of the day
6. It can help you keep your life plan in mind
7. It can make or break your creativity
8. A healthy routine requires getting enough sleep
Do I have you inspired to start a new morning routine filled with productivity yet? Just think of all the things you could accomplish before noon! One more thing you could check off your to-do list in just a couple minutes in the morning is a free auto insurance quote online! You could be paying too much for your Massachusetts auto insurance, let us help you save money!-->
New England is known for a lot of great things, but unfortunately for those of us behind the wheel, driving doesn’t tend to be one of them. This makes having the best New Jersey auto insurance policy even more important for you, your family, and your vehicle. Just how bad are the drivers in New Jersey? A study that includes 195 of the largest major cities calculated the safest places to drive based on frequency of accidents reported and the average years between collisions. While the study may not have called out the least safe places to drive, the following 10 found themselves as far down on the list as you could go.
195. Washington, DC
194. Baltimore, MD
193. Providence, RI
192. Hialeah, FL
191. Glendale, CA.
190. Philadelphia, PA
189. Alexandria, VA
188. Newark, NJ
187. Miami, FL
186. San Fransisco, CA
Recognize any of those places? Whether you drive in any of those areas or not, it’s important to have a good car insurance policy so that you can worry a little bit less about what would happen if you got into an accident. What’s the best way to know if you are getting the best car insurance rate? Contact one of our agents who will give you a free quote or answer any questions you may have about your current policy.-->
Spending time outdoors is what summertime is all about, and what better way to have a fun summertime adventure then to take a ride on your ATV? ATV’s allow us to get away from the blistering hot sun through the shady trails in the forest while allowing us to feel the cool, refreshing wind blowing against our skin. However, our recreational toys don’t allow us to escape from the pesky plants native to the north east like poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. If you’ve ever encountered one of these plants, then you know they can leave itchy sore and uncomfortable for weeks. Check out these tips to help you minimize your risk and exposure to these painful and annoying poisonous plants.
- Know the poisonous leaves to avoid native to your area. Poisonous plants don’t always have “leaves of three” so it’s best to ask a local expert.
- Dress right. When you’re getting ready to go on a ride, make sure you’re wearing long pants and high socks to avoid accidental contact with an unwanted plant.
- To avoid secondary exposure, make sure you wash any surfaces that may have come in contact with the poisonous plant.
- Wash the affected area with water within 20 minutes of exposure.
- Itching stopping agents like Calamine lotion may help make your rash more bearable.
- Soothe your skin with Burrow’s solution or Aveeno’s oatmeal bath treatment.
- At any sign of a severe reaction such as nausea, stomach cramps, or overexposure to hyper sensitive parts of the body, see a doctor.
- The good news is the older you get, it’s likely you will become less sensitive to poisonous plants!
Now that you know how to avoid and treat unpleasant poisonous plants, you’re ready to suit up and ride. But wait! Don’t forget about your Off Road Vehicle Insurance! Nasty rashes from poison ivy aren’t all you have to worry about when you’re out enjoying the thrills of being an ATV owner. ATV owners also need to make sure they’re protected from damage to their ATV and injury or liabilities that may surprise them while riding. Talk to your local CT insurance agent today about your off-road vehicle insurance. Alright, now you’re ready to suit up, get out on the trail, and of course, have fun!-->
Everyone dreams of being a rock star, right? If your son or daughter has the music bug we have just the place for you to get them the lessons they need. Thorne’s Guitar in Amherst is the perfect place for you to take your child just in time for back to school. Guitar lessons aren’t just for the kids either, lessons are offered for kids as young as four years old right up until adults of all ages! At Thorne’s Guitar, you will get a lesson designed just for your goals, whatever that may be. Thorne will design you a program to make sure you are getting the most out of your lessons.
Are you ready to set your goals and start your lessons? Stop by the Second Floor of the Carriage Shops in Amherst or give them a call at 413-835-5842. As a licensed public school music teacher in the state of Massachusetts, a Suzuki-registered guitar instructor, and over 20 years of experience, Thorne can teach you everything from classical guitar, rock, to pop.
If you’re ready to get started on your road to being the next “greatest guitarist of all time” or maybe you just wanted to learn a couple of your favorite songs, sign up for lessons with Thorne today! Check out our blog for more featured partners!-->
Tired of your usual breakfast like the one in this photo? Spice things up, literally! This breakfast burrito gives your morning the kick you need to have an energized day. While it take about 50 minutes to prepare and cook the dish, you can always make the sausage mixture the night before and mix in the morning. We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, why not make breakfast the most delicious meal of the day too with this recipe for Southwest Breakfast Burritos from AllRecipes? The recipe below is enough to make two breakfast burritos:
- 1-1/4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 ounces pork sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 red onion, diced
- 1/8 tomato, diced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 (3.5 ounce) can diced jalapenos (optional)
- 1/8 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons and 1-1/4 teaspoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl. Heat butter or cooking spray in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set, about 5 minutes. Chop the cooked eggs and place in a large bowl then set those aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and stir in the sausage and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, then add the onion. Continue cooking and stirring until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Combine the sausage with the eggs, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, and taco seasoning. Allow mixture to cool to room temperature, then stir in the Cheddar cheese.
- Place a tortilla onto your work surface, then spoon some of the filling halfway between the bottom edge and the center of the tortilla. Flatten the filling into rectangle shape with the back of a spoon. Fold the
- bottom of the tortilla snugly over the filling, then fold in the left and right edges. Roll the burrito up to the top edge, forming a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
For more recipes, visit out blogs!-->
When discussing insurance, we often hear the term “at-fault”. Have you ever wondered what exactly that means and how it could affect your insurance? Under Massachusetts law, if your driving behavior at the time of the accident was more than 50% of the reason for the accident, you are considered to be at-fault. Determining who is at-fault in an accident isn’t always easy…they are accidents after all.
While it is up to the courts to decide who is at-fault, not every accident will go to court, so there are laws and regulations to help insurers. There are pre-defined situations that allow insurers to presume that motor vehicle operators are at-fault in those circumstances. Some pre-determiners for being at-fault are witnesses and policy reports. Being at-fault during an accident means that your insurance company will, in most cases, pay 100% (or up to your limit) of the damages to the other vehicle/property that was hit. You will also most likely get a surcharge (between 2 and 4 points) on your license, which will increase your auto insurance for the next 6 years. If you have collision on your car, you will also have to pay the deductible before your own insurance will cover the damage to the car.
Do you have more questions about at-fault or insurance questions you need answered? Ask our experts at Encharter Insurance today! If you are looking for a new auto insurance policy, we can help you with that too! Give us a call at 888-865-1244 for a free auto insurance quote or for questions you may have regarding insurance.
If you’re like me, you find the lifestyles of the rich and famous to be very intriguing. What you may find even more intriguing is that they could be living closer to you and your home than you think. I was surprised when I saw how many New England areas made the list of the 10 Richest Counties in America. It also got me thinking I may need a vacation soon, and I may need to spend it laying on a beach next to Tommy Hilfiger or shopping in Virginia with some of Washington’s elite.
- Nantucket, MA ($137,811 average income): The island of Nantucket
(along with the two smaller islands making up Nantucket County), is an upscale
summer vacation destination. The cobblestone Main Street and the oldest
functioning windmill in the country are just a small part of the history there. Who are some of the more famous vacationers
here? Tommy Hilfiger, John Kerry and Teresa Heinz, and Jerry Stiller all have
summer homes on Nantucket.
- Pitkin County, CO ($134,247 average income): You may not have heard of Pitkin County and may think a county in Colorado is a little out of place on this list, but if I tell you Aspen is located there does it make more sense? Thanks to a wide variety of very luxurious ski chalets, Aspen earned was named the most expensive real estate market in America in 2010, with an average home price of $6 million.
- Loudoun County, VA ($134,098 average income): Historic Loudoun County is the neighbor to this list’s No. 4 county, Fairfax. Aside from it’s numberous vineyards, Loudon is also home to the headquarters for Verizon Business, Telos Corporation, and MCI.
- Fairfax County, VA ($132,662 average income): Fairfax County has enough money to allow three large malls to continue to run there in Tysons Corner Center, Tysons Corner, Tysons Galleria and Fairfax Square.Here you will find many of Washington, DC’s elite and members of the CIA.
- Hunterdon County, NJ ($130,723 average income): Hunterdon residents could be commuters to either New York City or Philadelphia, with its more rural feel, it may be a longer commute, but offers more privacy than other areas. It’s in good company, located between this list’s No. 9 county, Morris, to the northeast, and No. 7, Somerset County, to the east.
- Fairfield County, CT ($130,074 average income): Fairfield is a coastal county that is the most affluent county in one of the country’s most affluent states with well-known, rich towns such as Darien, Greenwich, Westport
and New Canaan. It hosts a mix of businesses and personalities ranging from Duracell to the WWE and Ron Howard to Diana Ross.
- Somerset County, NJ ($129,222 average income): Want to know who has lived here? Jackie Onassis, Mike Tyson
and Malcolm Forbes are just a few of the people with estates here once, and we do mean “estates”. The area also includes Johnson & Johnson, Verizon, Pfizer and UPS, a pretty impressive line up of well-known companies.
- Marin County, CA ($128,544 average income): Located just across the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin County has a
little bit of everything. It’s the home of George Lucas’ creative workplace Skywalker Ranch, and such celebrated natural destinations as Muir Woods and Stinson Beach.
- Morris County, NJ ($128,371 average income): Morris County, another NYC commuter haven includes Harding Township which was once named one of the richest U.S. zip codes by Forbes. It’s also home to Revolutionary
war historic sites like Washington’s Headquarters and Jockey Hollow.
- Westchester County, NY ($128,127 average income): Did you know that this was America’s first major suburb? This is still a popular place for those commuting to New York City to live and is also often cited as where “old money” resides. An example? One of the mansions was once owned by railroad tycoon Jay Gould.
airfax is a bedroom community to Washington,
D.C., as well as home to the CIA such companies as Volkswagen, Capital One and
Does this have you ready to pack up your things and move into a new mansion? Whether it be a new mansion, a new (more normal sized) home, or your current home, do you have the right New Jersey home insurance coverage? Homes come in all shapes and sizes, and all prices. The same is true about your home
insurance policy. Talk with our agents to find the policy that best fits your needs, budget and of course your home!
Summer is coming to a close, and it’s time to start getting back-to-school ready! Are you a student who lives off campus? Have you been searching for the right renter’s insurance, but have come up short? Well look no further, friends! Encharter Insurance is ready and eager to help you. Your first step to getting insured is receiving a FREE quote! Call Encharter Insurance today and you’ll receive a Connecticut Renter’s Insurance quote free of charge. Here are some other reasons why Encharter Renter’s Insurance is a MUST:
- Regular home insurance does not
cover rented properties! Renters require specific insurance to cover repairs or
replacement for any damages that may occur on the property.
- Your assets aren’t covered by
your landlord’s insurance policy. Rather, the Connecticut Renters Insurance policy covers your specific unit.
- That means YOU are responsible
for coverage of your belongings, NOT your landlord!
Are you an upcoming first year student wondering what you’ll need in your dorm room, or a senior who can’t be bothered to write down that tedious list again? We’ll don’t you worry because we’ve got the top ten dorm necessities, courtesy of Apartmenttherapy.com, at your service!
- A folding hand truck may not be
necessary for carrying your books everyday, but think about how much easier
they could make move-in day!
- Jersey sheets are perfect to keep
you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. What more could you ask for?
- Handheld vacumms are perfect for
those smaller messes around the apartment or dorm room.
- Bring extra hangers to make the
most of you closet space and something like a “closet doubler” which can allow
you to store more clothes.
- Noise cancelling headphones can
be a great investment when your roommates are celebrating their latest test
being over, but yours’ happens to be the next day.
- What about folders and notebooks?
Choose fun colors and bright patterns, making them easier to find and a great
talking point for the student next to you that you haven’t met yet!
Now that you officially have everything you need in your off-campus apartment and the coverage for all of your new items with CT renters insurance, you are officially ready for another school year! If you happen to make the Dean’s List, let Mom and Dad know you may be eligible for good student discounts on your auto insurance as well!