Always remember to be awake and alert at the wheel. It is never smart to drive if you feel tired or weary. There are many ways to avoid being tired behind the wheel and here are a few:
- Don’t Trust Caffeine – Slugging down a cup of black coffee is actually not a great solution. It usually takes around twenty minutes before caffeine begins to kick in so you might already be dozing off before it starts to work.
- Don’t Over-nap – While sleep is good, sleeping too long will make you groggy and lower your responsiveness. The ideal amount of sleep is around 15-20 minutes which will keep you feeling as fresh a flower. Be sure to set your alarm and pull over if you feel yourself drifting off.
- Don’t Forget Your Water Bottle – Dehydration will cause confusion and make you feel distracted. If you feel the headache around the eyes or above your brows then dehydration might be setting in. An 8 oz. drink of water will make you feel more alert.
- Don’t Reach for Fast Food – While a nice greasy burger might seem like the best way to boost your energy, it will leave you feeling tired pretty soon. You are better off munching on a nice piece of fruit or something healthy.
- Don’t Drive in Silence – Listening to fast-tempo music is proven to be one of the most effective stimuli to keep drivers alert and awake. Whenever you start to feel dreary, don’t be afraid to start pumping the jams!
Hopefully these tips will help you avoid feeling tired when driving. Always remember to avoid driving while being tired or distracted in any way. At Encharter, we want you to be as safe as possible when driving. This is why we would love to work with you and design a Connecticut Car Insurance policy that can keep you, your car, and your family protected. Call us today to get a quote from our agents on a car insurance policy!
Is there anything more important to a business owner than a comprehensive business insurance policy? While on a day to day basis it may not be the first thing on your mind, in the event that something was to happen to your business it would very quickly become the first priority. When you need it the most, would you have the coverage you needed? While it isn’t something that you want to think about, it’s important to consider what would happen to you, your business, and your employees if your business were to suffer damage from a covered loss. A great way to prepare for an event like this is to talk to your agent about Business Income Insurance and Extra Expense Coverage. This coverage is not always included on Business Owners Policy General Liability or Packages and may have to be purchased. Lots of carriers may include this when enhancements are included on the policy, which is why it’s important to talk with your agent about it.
Business income insurance pays for the actual loss of business income you sustain due to suspension of your
business operations due to the damage and destruction to your property from a covered loss. For example, if you were to have a fire and not able to continue with production or your product or your service, this insurance could help you pay your workers, rent, and other expenses. Extra expenses coverage means covering necessary
expenses that you would have to continue to pay as your business is repairing and rebuilding. You can choose to purchase one or both of these coverages, depending on your needs. Our agents can help you decide. These coverages would kick in right after damage occurred to your business, leaving your company without a gap where you were unable to pay employees or rent.
Questions you should be prepared
to discuss with your agent:
What is your net income and operating expenses (for
the last 12 months)?
What would be the longest you would be out of
business if you suffered a loss?
What would be the amount you would need for
expenses to keep business going or make the period without production as short
What would be the availability of labor and
To see if you have Business Income and Extra Expense Coverage with your Business Insurance Policy or to get a quote on adding the coverage, call our agents now 888.865.1244!-->