Bicycling Safety & Massachusetts Car Insurance
The weather is continuing to get better and better, giving all of us the urge to head outdoors more! What’s your favorite activity in the summer time? Personally, I like to use the nice weather to switch up the way I exercise. There’s no use being stuck inside the gym on a warm, sunny day when I can get some cardio done outside! While a walk or a jog is typically my go-to, I’ve been thinking more and more about getting a bike to ride for the summer. While I may not be daring enough to use it as my new form of transportation, I can use it around my neighborhood, or on trails, for some exercise. Unfortunately, I live on a pretty busy street and my bicycle skills aren’t what they used to be. This combination could be dangerous for not just me, but also for cars around me. I’ll most likely be finding a trail nearby, but no matter how great of a bicyclist you are, it’s important to always be cautious! The start of summer is a great time for motorists and bicyclists to freshen up on some safety tips! Motorists
- Be on the look-out for pedestrians and cyclists. They can enter onto the roadway between parked cars, go the wrong way down one way streets, and / or be riding on sidewalks.
- Pedestrians and cyclists have the right-of-way.
- Obey normal traffic laws. Come to a complete stop at stop signs. If turning right at a red light, make a full stop at the light. Before turning, look for car and pedestrian/bicycle traffic.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Obey traffic laws, just like a car. Stop at stop signs/lights. Always signal for turns.
- Wear visible/reflective clothing especially at night.
We would also like to remind you that part of being a safe and responsible driver is having MA auto insurance. Take some time today to contact your local insurance agent about your policy and make the roads a safer place.Read More