If you use your vehicle for your business, you will need a commercial auto insurance policy. Coverage types are similar to those of your personal policy. An agent can walk you through recommended limits.
If you have a vehicle or a fleet of trucks being used for your business in Connecticut, Massachusetts, or New Jersey, you will need to have a commercial auto insurance policy. Your basic small business policy wouldn’t cover you if you got into an accident, and your personal car insurance policy won’t cover vehicles used for your business. Especially in the event that another driver or someone else’s property is involved, you will want to have that business vehicle insurance policy to protect you and your company. Typical coverage includes:
- Liability – which insures injuries to others and property damage caused while operating your vehicle.
- Medical – driver and other occupants are covered under an insured vehicle.
- Collision – coverage for a collision with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive – protects you and your vehicle from damage caused by things other than vehicle collision.
In addition to the coverage provided by commercial auto insurance, having a workers comp insurance policy could help cover the costs incurred by an employee injury or accident-related lawsuit. You should also find out more about general liability insurance to insure extra protection should an accident occur.
Another reason to get commercial auto insurance would be the law. In order to register your vehicle and keep it on the road, most states will require you to have auto insurance, whether it is personal or commercial. If you are unsure whether you should have your vehicle under your personal policy or a commercial policy ask yourself these questions:
- Do you use the vehicle for occasional business-use?
- Is the vehicle in the business’s name?
- Do your staff members use your vehicle for business-use?
Once you have reached out to an agent, they can work with you making sure you have all of the coverages and discounts with the best protection at the lowest price.
Check out our customer testimonials to see what our clients are saying!