Your Connecticut small business insurance policy will provide your business with some liability protection, but for certain scenarios, it just may not be enough. Many business owners decide to invest in an umbrella liability policy, which provides additional liability protection over and above the basis underlying policy limits.
Consider the following incidents:
- A customer is perusing your upstairs inventory. Coming down the stairs, she trips on a blip in the carpet. Will you have the proper liability limits to cover any and all legal fees associated with the accident?
- A customer is dining at your restaurant and consumes a foreign object in his/her food. The object causes bodily injury to the diner. If the diner sues you, will you be able to cover the medical payments?
Ensuring that your small business has complete coverage will help to alleviate legal and financial hits to your company should an unexpected incident occur. A general liability insurance policy will include coverage for the following:
- Bodily Injury
- Property Damage
Adding umbrella coverage to your CT small business insurance package will provide you with an extra layer of coverage for unexpected liability issues. A commercial property insurance policy will help you replace what you have lost in the event of a fire or break in. Similarly, a commercial auto insurance policy can protect your work vehicles in the event of an accident.
In order to get started on a quote, you will need to know the following information:
- Federal ID number, entity type & description of your business
- Annual sales
- Employee payroll
- How many owner/operators are involved in the day to day operation of the business
- Square footage that your business occupies
You may be a business owner in CT, but did you know these facts about the state?
- Residents are known as “Connecticuters”.
- The main industries in the state are agriculture, tourism and industry, particularly insurance.
- The state’s motto is “Qui transtulit sustinet,” which means “He Who Transplanted Still Sustains.”
- The state folk dance is the square dance, yee-haw!
While getting your quotes, be sure to talk to your agent about potential discounts, such as going paperless, to save you and your business money. Our agents are here to ensure that we get you the proper comprehensive coverage specific to your industry, and your business, but we also want to be sure that we’re getting you the best price!
For a general liability insurance quote in Connecticut, call Encharter at 888.754.8299 or fill out our online quote form above.