Featured Recipe of the Week: Shrimp Burgers
Yes, you read that right, SHRIMP burgers. This recipe is so unique and so fun you just have to give it a try! If shrimp burgers themselves aren’t enough to convince you, imagine one topped with homemade chipotle cream sauce and coconut peach salsa. This meal just screams “Eat me in the backyard on a beautiful summer night” and is sure to have you feeling like you’re at a fun, tropical restaurant. What are you waiting for? Try these Shrimp Burgers with Chipotle Cream Sauce & Coconut Peach Salsa today!
Ingredients for Shrimp Burgers & Chipotle Cream (makes 6 burgers)
- 1 pound raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2/3 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chipotle sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 6 whole wheat buns, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced for topping
Add shrimp to a food processor and pulse until chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add egg, panko, garlic,
mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and basil. Mix until combined, then form tilapia into patties (form tightly with your hands, trying to prevent cracking). Heat a skillet oven medium heat and add half of the olive oil, then cook patties until golden on each side, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat with remaining burgers.
In a bowl, stir together sour cream, chipotle sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread on top
of burgers, then layer with avocado and peach salsa!
Ingredients for Coconut Peach Salsa
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- salt + pepper to taste
Stir ingredients together and serves on top of burgers! For more recipes, visit out blogs!