Fourth of July Grill Safety & CT Home Insurance
With the Fourth of July just right around the corner, I am thinking about food…and not just any kind of food, but the GRILLIN’ KIND! Burgers, hot dogs, steaks, chicken, shish kabobs, fish…the possibilities are endless. Of course, the only unfortunate thing about having endless yummy possibilities is having endless burning possibilities! Be safe this grilling season with these grilling safety tips from the Home Safety Council:
- Before using, place your grill at least 10ft away from other objects, including the house and any shrubs or bushes.
- Always stay by the grill when cooking.
- Only use starter fluid made for barbecue grills when starting a fire in a charcoal grill.
- Before using a gas grill, check the connection between the propane tank and the fuel line to be sure it is working properly and not leaking.
- Never use a match to check for leaks. If you detect a leak, immediately turn off the gas. Do not attempt to light the grill again until the leak is fixed.
- Never bring a barbecue grill inside your home or garage. This is both a fire and carbon monoxide poisoning hazard.
- Keep kids and pets well away until the grill equipment is completely cool.
Another precaution you will want to take this summer to protect you, your family and your property is reviewing your CT Homeowners Insurance policy with your Encharter Insurance agent. Our knowledgeable agents can look at your current policy and let you know where you are most at risk of loss, and then they can help you find the best possible policy for the best possible price that best fits your unique needs. During a review of your CT Home Insurance policy, should you and your CT Insurance agent find your liability limits lacking, it might be time to buy a CT Umbrella Insurance policy. The only way to know for sure is if you talk to an agent…so do it now, and enjoy your Fourth!!Read More