summer toys insurance

Insurance Tips for Your Summer Toys

After a wet and rainy spring, it’s time to bring out the summer toys! Boats, RVs, off-road vehicles, and trampolines can all be a lot of fun. However, they can also be quite dangerous. Accidents occur all the time, and wehn they do, you’ll want to be protected, Insurance can help protect you if something goes wrong while you’re enjoying a day playing with your summer toys.

Call us at 413.475.283
Complete our online quote form today

Boat Insurance

Personal watercraft insurance is a good idea if you plan on using your boat this summer. Boat insurance can cover the following:

  • Liability coverage – this will help protect you if you get into an accident with another person or boat and are found to be at fault.
  • Physical Damage Coverage – this can help protect your actual boat if it sustains damage. It covers the boat itself, motor, and trailer.
  • Medical Payments Coverage – If someone gets hurt in a boating accident, medical payments coverage can help cover the associated medical costs.

Just like auto insurance, there are different types of boat insruance. Coverage limits can vary as well. Talk to your insurance agent to make sure that you are prepared to go out on the water this season. Check out our boating safety tips here.

RV Insurance

If you are planning on using your RV, then you should have RV insurance. RV insurance differs from personal auto insurances. Since your RV doubles as both your car and your home, the insurance for it needs to complement this duality.

Your RV insurance can also differ by the type of RV you have. A popup is going to be different than a motor home or even a trailer. RV have different classes and your insuance will need to reflect that. It’s best to talk to your insurance agent to see what type of coverage you will need to stay safe while going on an adventure!

Just like car insurance, your RV insurance is there in the event of an accident. RV insurance can help cover things like:

  • Damage to your RV
  • Damages that you cause
  • Uninsured drivers
  • Medical payments
  • Roadside assistance
  • Total loss replacement
  • And more!
Call us at 413.475.283
Complete our online quote form today

Off-Road Vehicles

ATVs, dirt bikes, and other off-road vehicles are notoriously dangerous. While they can be fun to zip around on, the chances of an accident are much higher. Even if insurance is not required to ride an ATV or dirt bike, having insurance is a good idea. Insurance can help protect you financially if something were to happen. These are some of the types of insurance you can get for your off-road vehicle

  • Dirt Bike Insurance
  • ATV Insurance
  • Side-by-side Insurance
  • 4WD Insurance

You may want to talk to your agent about your individual situation. Depending on your usage and the type of vehicle you have, your coverage could change.


While a trampoline may not have its own insurance policy, it is a part of your homeowners insurance. If someone in your family, or a friend, gets hurt while jumping on a trampoline, it can be extremely dangerous. If you decide to get a trampoline, or if you have one already, let your insurance agent know. They can make sure that your homeowners insurance policy is ready for a trampoline accident.

This summer, don’t let an accident get in the way of having fun. Insurance is just a safety net in the event something happens. You always want to be prepared. And hopefully, you will never need to use the insurance that you have. If an accident happens, medical bills, and damage to physical property can cost a fortune. It could put a damper on your summer fun. Talk to your agent today to make sure you are prepared for summer. Make sure that your summer toys are insured.

Chat with an Encharter agent today: 413.475.7283!
Complete our online quote form

Read More