Your car is a big investment, and many people spend a lot of time behind the wheel. In order to keep you safe while driving in Connecticut, it is important to have quality auto insurance to fit your habits and your budget. Proper coverage at a competitive price is only a few questions away with our knowledgeable car insurance agents.
You typical quote for car insurance coverage may include:
- Liability Insurance for property damage and injuries to others caused by you while operating your vehicle.
- Medical Coverage for the driver and occupants of the insured vehicle.
- Collision Coverage insures the owner from loss during a collision with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage offers protection from damage caused by things other than vehicle collision.
The state of CT requires drivers to have the following auto insurance limits:
- Personal Injury Protection: $8,000
- Bodily Injury to Others: $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident
- Bodily Injury Caused by an Uninsured Motorist: $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident
- Property Damage to Others: $5,000
However, you may want additional coverage so that you will be protected in situations when your liability exceeds your limits. Connecticut Umbrella Insurance can provide you with the extra liability you might need. Talk to an agent about the right limits for you.
You can also ask our agents about other automobile insurance coverages available for your classic cars, antique automobiles, high performance cars, or more.
Did You Know…
- Not only was Connecticut responsible for setting the first speed limit (12 miles per hour), it was also the first state which required residents to register their vehicles and wear permanent license plates.
- It was surveyed for the first turnpike in America is 1670. It ran between Norwich and New London.
- For those living or visiting Hartford, it is illegal to cross the street while walking on your hands. In Devon, you cannot walk backwards after sunset. Throughout the entire state, you may not pirouette while crossing the street.
- The state has experienced two glaciations: 150,000 and 26,000 years ago. The most recent melted 15,000 years ago which makes the state’s landscape young compared to most of the rest of the world.
Talking to an agent at Encharter Insurance is easy: just click or call! To get the most accurate quote from one of our agents, be sure to have the following on hand:
- Year, make and model of each vehicle
- Driver’s license numbers for each driver in the household, and anyone who will be operating the vehicle
Our agents want to get you the best coverage possible, so don’t forget to ask your agent if you qualify for any of the following discounts:
- Connecticut Homeowner’s Insurance Companion Credit
- Low Mileage Discount
- Mature Driver Discount
- Safe Driver Discount
- Good Student Discount
- Student Away at School Discount
- Paid in Full Discount
- Property Insurance Discount
- Motor Club Discount
- Multi-Car Discount
- Advanced Quote Discount
- Advanced Issue Discount
- Advanced Driver Training/Accident Prevention Course Discount
- Anti-Theft Device Discount
- Tenure Discount
In addition to the discounts listed above, the following value-added endorsements may lower your car insurance premium:
- Roadside Assistance
- Customized Equipment Coverage: Covers the loss to custom furnishings or custom equipment such as special carpeting and height extending roofs, and permanently installed electronic equipment such as stereos, navigation systems, and personal computers, antennas, accessories and enhancements.
- Accident Forgiveness
- Disappearing Deductible
- Pet Injury Coverage
- Loan/Lease Gap Coverage
- Trip Interruption Coverage
- New Car Replacement
- Accidental Airbag Deployment
For more information about discounts available to you, call an agent today. While you’re learning more about auto insurance, perhaps you should update your other policies as well. Encharter also offers other types of insurance for products such as your home or condo. Then, you can save even more money by combining your policies!
The agents at Encharter Insurance are standing by to get you the best quote that fits your lifestyle and your budget.
Call Encharter Insurance today at 888.754.8299 to get a quote on an auto insurance policy or use our email form and contact us today!