Deciding on the right homeowners insurance policy to protect you is important when you live in New Jersey. Knowledgeable agents at Encharter Insurance will customize a homeowners policy for you and your home. After assessing the necessary coverage you need, our insurance agents will shop our multiple carriers in order to find you the best protection at a competitive rate.
A home insurance policy in NJ typically includes:
- Liability protection
- Personal possessions (up to a set limit)
- Structure of your home
- Replacement costs
- Additional living expenses
Coverage may not be required, depending on whether or not you have a mortgage. However, coverage for your home ensures that you, your family, and your belongings are cared for in the event of a disaster. We recommend choosing the following coverage options:
- 100% of the Replacement Cost Value
- Liability: $1,000,000
- Medical Payments: $5,000
However, you may want even more coverage, depending on your home. If you are interested in obtaining extra liability coverage to be protected when your liability exceeds your limits, talk to an agent about an Umbrella policy. Our agents will be able to best determine which type of coverage is right for you, so don’t hesitate to call.
It’s important to understand the recommended limits on your insurance policies, but it’s also important to know some fun facts about your state. Did you know these?
- You can find the Miss America Pageant in New Jersey, as well as find all the streets from the game Monopoly in Atlantic City.
- With an average of 1,030 people per square mile, the state has the highest population density in the United States. This is 13 times the national average!
- It houses the most diners in the world. It also has seven shopping malls in a 25 square mile radius, the most in the one area of the world.
- All of the counties are classified as metropolitan areas. It has the highest urban population percentage in the United States (90%)!
Your insurance agent can talk to you about these value-added coverage options to better protect your big investment:
- Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- Personal Property Replacement Cost
- Guaranteed Building Replacement Coverage
- Watercraft Coverage
- Food Spoilage
- Lock Replacement
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
- Water Back-up and Sump Pump Overflow
Should you need additional protection, you can also talk to your agent about adding these policies:
- Earthquake or Flood policies
- Umbrella policies (for additional liability coverage)
- Valuable Articles/Floater policies
- Animal Liability (liability issues due to household pets)
When speaking with an agent about your homeowners insurance policy, be sure to have the following on hand to receive the most accurate quote:
- Year the home was built
- Updates to roof or heating, plumbing or electrical systems in the home
- Details of any homeowner’s losses from the past 6 years
Our agents are here to help protect your biggest investments, but they’re also here to find you a policy you can afford. Ask your agent if your policy qualifies you for any of the discounts below!
- eDocument Delivery Discount
- Paid in Full Discount
- Advanced Issue Discount
- Early Shopper Discount
- Loss Free Credit
- Safe Home Discount
- Protective Device Discount
- New Home Discount
- New Buyer Discount
- Non Smokers Discount
- New Roof Discount
- Hurricane Loss Mitigation Discount
Aside from these basic discounts, you can even get a discount just by combing your policies! With the multi-policy discount, you can bundle your auto insurance with your homeowner’s policy to save even more.
Your big investment should have a protective policy in place and our home insurance agents are standing by waiting to get you a competitive quote.
Call Encharter Insurance today at 888.754.8299 for a home insurance quote or use our online form to contact us today and our agents will be happy to help you!