Preparing for your Party
We have already talked about the importance of protecting yourself and your guests when you are hosting parties and being aware of the risks associated with hosting parties. However, here are some additional tips from the Independent Agent Magazine:
- Especially in the summer, people are more likely to have parties near water; try to avoid mixing swimming and alcohol.
- Serve plenty of food and give the option of non-alcoholic beverages, ideally this will limit the amount of alcohol that people consume and allow people to dilute the affects of the
- Provide an alternative to people who should not get behind the wheel: coordinate transportation or supply a place for people to spend the night.
- Limit your own consumption of alcohol to ensure that you stay in control and attentive to your responsibilities as a host.
- Stop serving alcohol about an hour before the party is expected to end and earlier if guests are becoming overly intoxicated.
Call your local Encharter agent to verify that you have the appropriate liability coverage.
If you plan to host a party, it can never hurt to make sure that you are covered in case of an accident.
Becoming aware of the risks is the first step and determining the safest way to host your party, while maximizing the fun, is the second. At Encharter Insurance we want you to be protected, so call us today, 888-865-1244, so that we can begin answering your questions regarding your insurance coverage.