You only dreamed of it but now it’s true, you finally have bought a vacation home. Whether it is a beachfront property or a ski-lodge, it is a retreat to relax and recharge from the daily grind of work, responsibilities, etc. The beauty of living in the Northeast is that your vacation home can be close to home, but still...Read More
Are you ready for March Madness? I trust you all enough to admit that I don’t know nearly as much as I should about March Madness. Even if you don’t consider yourself an expert when it comes to College Basketball, creating a bracket can be fun. Personally, I love to make a bracket just to watch all the games and have...Read More
Are you ready for March Madness? I trust you all enough to admit that I don’t know nearly as much as I should about March Madness
. Even if you don’t consider yourself an expert when it comes to College Basketball, creating a bracket can be fun. Personally, I love to make a bracket just to watch all the games and have a team to cheer on. If you’re like me and you have your eye on filling out a bracket, but you’re a little nervous, I can help! Here are some tips to help fill out a winning bracket so that no one around you finds out how little you know about March Madness.
- Don’t assume the top teams are your key to bracket success. For example, the final four from last year was a number one ranked, two number two ranked teams and a number four ranked team.
- Yes, there will be a Cinderella story, but don’t bank on all of them. Who doesn’t want to be that person that picked the Cinderella story? Just make sure you don’t fill your bracket with underdogs.
- Flip a coin matchups. Often times 8-9 and 7-10 games are highly competitive and very difficult to predict. Your best bet may be a coin flip on these ones.
- Do your research! Sure you may win totally by accident, but if you have the time do some research online. If you happen to enjoy numbers, check out some sites aimed at number-rich sites on the odds.
- Pay attention to defense. Defense can be the greatest predictor of who will win a game. If you’re going to research one aspect of a team’s game, make it their defense.
Feeling a little better about your bracket? If you didn’t get a chance to make a bracket, another great way to have fun with March Madness is to throw a party! As your insurance agents, we must remind you that while having a party, especially if alcohol is involved, accidents can happen. The best way to make sure you’re prepared is by checking your Connecticut Homeowners Insurance policy. Call our agents today and make sure you’re covered if something were to happen!
Spring is officially here! That means great things like beautiful flowers, nicer weather, and one season away from summer. Some of us also enjoy the fresh feeling we get at home from a good spring cleaning as well. Spring cleaning can also help eliminate some of the allergies we all get with this lovely spring air. For those of you that don’t...Read More
We’re getting into spring, which means more rain and wet weather. Don’t let the rain and wet weather hurt your home and possibly your family’s health by allowing mold to grow in your home. Here is some information about mold and what it could mean for your home and family. Why is mold growing in my home? Typically mold occurs outside, where...Read More
Ladies: Did the men in your lives heed our advice for the 3 Tips for Buying the Perfect Piece of Jewelry for the holiday this weekend? Let’s hope so. And if that’s the case, then let’s be sure to thank them appropriately with a good Connecticut Jewelry Insurance policy. A typical CT Jewelry Floater policy allows you to schedule jewelry...Read More