Always remember to be awake and alert at the wheel. It is never smart to drive if you feel tired or weary. There are many ways to avoid being tired behind the wheel and here are a few:
- Don’t Trust Caffeine – Slugging down a cup of black coffee is actually not a great solution. It usually takes around twenty minutes before caffeine begins to kick in so you might already be dozing off before it starts to work.
- Don’t Over-nap – While sleep is good, sleeping too long will make you groggy and lower your responsiveness. The ideal amount of sleep is around 15-20 minutes which will keep you feeling as fresh a flower. Be sure to set your alarm and pull over if you feel yourself drifting off.
- Don’t Forget Your Water Bottle – Dehydration will cause confusion and make you feel distracted. If you feel the headache around the eyes or above your brows then dehydration might be setting in. An 8 oz. drink of water will make you feel more alert.
- Don’t Reach for Fast Food – While a nice greasy burger might seem like the best way to boost your energy, it will leave you feeling tired pretty soon. You are better off munching on a nice piece of fruit or something healthy.
- Don’t Drive in Silence – Listening to fast-tempo music is proven to be one of the most effective stimuli to keep drivers alert and awake. Whenever you start to feel dreary, don’t be afraid to start pumping the jams!
Hopefully these tips will help you avoid feeling tired when driving. Always remember to avoid driving while being tired or distracted in any way. At Encharter, we want you to be as safe as possible when driving. This is why we would love to work with you and design a Connecticut Car Insurance policy that can keep you, your car, and your family protected. Call us today to get a quote from our agents on a car insurance policy!