I think it’s safe to say winter has arrived and it is now coming in full force. Anyone else make the trek out to their driveway this morning to start their car? Aside from blasting the heat so that we don’t get frostbite on the way to work, there are some other things you should do for your car in the winter. The same way many of us get sick or worn out with the chilly temperatures of the winter, it can also take a toll on your car. There are certain things you should keep in your car to be prepared and other things you should treat your car to in preparation of what it may encounter in the winter.
Here are some ways to winterize your car:
- Keep an emergency kit in your car with things like some extra engine oil, washer fluid, and coolant. It’s also a good idea to have a flashlight and some flares.
- Make sure your 4-Wheel drive works. It’s great to have 4-wheel drive, but it’s better if it’s working
- Check your car’s belts and hoses. Cold temperatures can weaken your belts and hoses so even if it isn’t time for a tune-up it might be a good idea to have a mechanic look under your hood this
- Replace windshield wipers and wiper fluid. Would anything be worse than driving, a storm starts and then you realize your wipers don’t work?
- Double check your defrosting and heating units.
- Keep your fuel tank full. The damage you inflict on your car on a near-empty tank in the winter is even worse than other times of the year. The cost of repairs for the damage also isn’t cheap!
- Have the right amount of antifreeze.
- Check the oil and oil viscosity.
- Check your battery.
- Check the tire pressure and consider snow tires. Your tires undergo a lot of wear and tear and if too worn out could put you in a bad place with the snow and ice on the roads.
Follow these tips for winterizing and you should be in pretty good shape on the road. Unfortunately, you can never predict the elements, especially in New England. This is why it’s important; no matter how prepared you are for winter, to have great New Jersey Auto Insurance. Anyone who drives will tell you that you cannot control the way others drive on the road in the winter. You also cannot control the weather that occurs, whether it is snow, ice, and even black ice. The best thing you can do is to make sure you have the coverage you need with your New Jersey car insurance policy. Call your agent today and find out about your coverage this winter!
Have you found yourself already turning the heat on in your home? That means it might be time to fill the oil
tanks for the winter. If you live in the Reading, Stoneham, or Wakefield area, call Cain Oil, Inc. today to get yourself prepared for winter. They provide oil delivery to residential and commercial customers, all with the local, family-run business service!
Cain Oil offers experienced service engineers, great customer service, and a fast response time which has all added up to a large group of loyal customers that continue to come back. Cain Oil offers complete heating
installations, boiler and hot air furnace installations, and domestic water and plumbing installations on top of their fuel oil services. Worried about being able to afford the cost of oil up front? Cain Oil can work with you to create a service plan, like a 12 month budget plan, to help you out. They can also offer you different plans depending on your yearly service needs. Did we mention Cain Oil offers a 24 hour emergency maintenance service for their oil delivery customers? Now that’s GREAT service!
For more information on pricing or their services give them a call at 781-944-2763 or visit their website! Get
yours free today! With over 30 years of experience servicing the community, Cain Oil will be happy to help you and your family stay warm this winter with their burner sales and service! Visit our blogs for more featured partners!